The idea of the BDL and BADL came about after conversations a the state tournament regarding how youth programs/leagues/tournament, etc were set up in each community. The goal of the league is to have the best possible format to develop our youth, while reducing costs and travel for programs. Rules, schedules, format, and everything else with this league came together with the input of many high school and youth basketball coaches in our area.
If we have to postpone BDL/BADL games due to weather we will use the following communication procedures:
1--we will send an email to all families that completed consent forms as soon as a decision is made.
2--we will email every community rep to let them know(those of you currently receiving this email)
3--we will email all refs registered in our system so they are aware
4--we will post a note on our main webpage
5--we will send a message through our apps. Those that are set up for notifications will get this directly to their phone.
How do we decide to cancel games?
The primary decision for us to postpone BDL/BADL games comes from the host communities schools administration. If they make the decision to close their schools we have to postpone games. Additionally, we will monitor and lean on our weekend hosts to give us an accurate representation of what they are seeing in their area to make decisions on games as well.
Would we delay start to days if weather report, road report, school admin, etc dictate that it would be a viable option?
Yes this could happen and depending how full the sites are we would possibly shorten the game times to get the entire days schedule of games in.
Can some sites be cancelled and some continue?
This is a possibility depending on where a storm tracks.
What happens to the games if they are postponed?
We will attempt to make the games up by working with the host schools gym availability. If they can't host we will reach out to other members to see if anyone else can host. We are getting close to end of year tournaments so we could move games into those slots and then move the tournament back to the next available weekends. If after exploring all options we can't fit the games in we do reserve the right to not reschedule them. The few times this did happen we have been able to get all the games.